Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Sensual Visit to Shazam!

Yesterday I was invited to drop in and meet with the owners and staff of the newly-relocated-to-Port Credit Hair Studio, Shazam. Little did I expect that all five of my senses would be challenged!

Sight - the newly renovated space at 106 Lakeshore Road East is beautiful. Appealing to both men and women, the space is clean, modern and well furnished with comfy leather chairs and top of the line equipment.

Taste - staff offered me delicious coffee and teas and yes, I was there long enough to enjoy both. A plate of ginger snaps and European chocolate too, mmmmhhhhh.

Sound - perfect mix of tunes playing. No birds and waterfall stuff and not club music either.

After a conversation about the history of Shazam Hair Studio (they come to Port Credit by way of Lorne Park and one of the big malls) and news of the day-to-day business of the village I was ready to leave and let them get on with clients.

The gorgeous, Sam asked me if I could stay and allow him to offer me a scalp treatment and massage. Well, how could I say no to that?!

Smell - yum, citrus and camphor. An aromatherapy experience at the same time.

Touch - definitely the best head massage I have ever experience. No rush job either - thank you Sam.

After this wonderful treatment my head was wrapped and I was left to relax under the dryer with a steamy cup of tropical green tea. Meditation or as close as I'll ever get to it, I think.

Sam offered some ideas on my hairstyle and after a new cut and styling, I left Shazam with a brand new look and a skip in my step.

Do drop in to Shazam Hair Studio. Owner Shazam and wife Stacey plus their wonderful staff members (Sam, Sass, Tess, Anthony, Deborah and Amy) would be pleased to show you around. And to Sam, hugs. www.shazamhair.com 905.271.0440

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Ellen, can hardly wait to see your new "do". What a nice experience.

Sandy