Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Rare and Special Guests on the River

I received an email today from local life coach and soulpreneur, Janet Auty-Carlisle letting me know that she's spotted some special guests in Port Credit. Janet says:

"On my daily walks I have made a great discovery. The harbour harbours five important visitors! Piqued your interest yet? Check it out. There are two pair of trumpeter swans and a young one that hang out with the rest of the gang at the river. I don't know if you know this but trumpeter swans are an endangered species and they are pretty rare to see. This is not their usual habitat. Three of the four are tagged and you can get more info from the Wye Marsh conservation site if you wish! We are most definitely a destination point for rare and special guests! AND on another note, I go by the lighthouse almost everyday. Don't know if you even see passersby but I always look over and smile just in case :) Stay well. Much love, Jan"

I'll be keeping my eyes open for these special guests as well as Janet on her morning walks!

No comments: