Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hooked on Hooks

It's going to seem like I spend a lot of time in restaurants but last week was special with V-Day and my husband's birthday. Friday night we dined at Hooks, the coolest little cajun-inspired eatery in the City. I asked Chef-owner Brad to surprise me instead of ordering off the menu. My server, Janice was a bit surprised but you know, it's kinda like having dinner at a friend's house - you never know what's on the menu but you're grateful to get fed.

My appie was escargot - a dish I never order. I generally leave snails and mussels to my family members who think they're to die for. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Garlicky oil for dipping the bread into. mmmmmm

Pickeral, with pecans, rice and beets (I LOVE beets) came as my entree. It was fantastic. The wine was flowing, the conversation too. My son brought along his gorgeous new girlfriend for a first meeting. He's been trying to keep us away from her so we don't ruin his chances, hehe.

We weren't quite ready to go home so we popped in to the Ridgetown Restaurant and Bar to enjoy "Cosy, Comfy Thursday" with Chuck Jackson. The Ridgetown is now serving Fondue on Thursdays for two at $30. I'm looking forward to going back for that. There is absolutely no question - we have the best restaurants in the City right here in Port Credit!!

No comments: